Monday, November 26, 2007

Never Give up... Deer Hunting 2007 (continued)

Went out again on the morning of the closing Sunday and stayed in the woods.

At around 8:15am two does came in the woods and I shot at the bigger of the two with a straight shot in front of the stand. Took two shots, one as the deer was running away. The deer was hit, I found blood, but lost track of it in the pod.

Called Curt, who came over, sent me on the tree-line stand and started following the deer tracks in the field. He must have spooked the deer which came my way. I finished it up with one shot; it was the injured deer. It turned out to be a big doe. Kids came over to see and took pictures.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

adextermag said...

I liked your blog which you have shared about hunting. short but informative blog, thanks for sharing. alaska moose hunting outfitters

Rozer Baine said...

You have shared a nice article here. Your article is very informative and useful. Thank you for sharing this article here. alaska guided moose hunting trips